- We believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the entire books of the Bible: Old and New testaments.
- We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- We also believe in you, as divinely destined to make a difference in our world.
- The church is committed to bringing people to Christ and to disciple and mentor them to mature in Christ.
- We defend the course of the poor, children and young people, women and the vulnerable people through advocacy, participatory and empowerment approaches.
- Defending people´s God-giving rights and ensuring freedom and equality of all people.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is inspired by God and it contains all that is necessary for our salvation and our daily Christian living (2Pet 1:20-21, 2Tim 3:18).
- We believe that salvation is obtained only by grace through faith and by faith in Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God (Acts 2:38, Acts 15:11, Rom 10:9-10, Eph 2:4-10).
- We believe that faith in Jesus Christ must be followed by Good works (Galatians 5:22, Phil 2:12).
- We believe that we are a part of the One Holy Catholic (universal) and Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Holy Ordinances/Sacraments of Baptism by immersion in water and Holy Communion as divinely instituted by Jesus Christ and observed by his Apostles (Gal 2:20, Eph 2: 4-5, Col 2:12, Rom 6:3-21, Gal 3:27and of communion; Luke 22:19, Acts 20:7, 1Cor 11:27).
- We believe that tithing is scriptural (Mal 3: 10-12, Deut 12:5-6, Deut 14:24, Matt 23:23, Heb 7:8, Heb 7:22).
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues (Acts 2:1-6, Acts 10:44-48, Acts 11:15-17, Acts 19:1-7).
- We believe in the five-fold ministry of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and teachers (Eph 4:11) as ordained by our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in and accept all the gifts of the Holy Spirit of God, and that they are necessary for building up His Church and one another (1Cor 12, 13:2, Rom 12, Eph 4).
- We believe that marriage between a man and a woman was divinely instituted by God Himself (Gen 2:22-25 etc), so we do not officiate same sex marriages Gen 19:1-19, Rom 1:26-28.
- The Church, as much as practicable, does not support divorce, and for that matter, may not remarry divorcee as long as the other partner is alive (Matt 19:3-9, Mark 10 1-12).
- We believe in the resurrections of the dead (Dan 12:2-3, 1 Cor 15), and that Jesus Christ will come back to judge the world (Matt 24:27, 1Cor 5:10, 2Tim 4:1 etc).
- We believe in the reality of Heaven (Luke 24:51, John 6:38, John 14:2, Hebrews 8:1) and of Hell (Dan 12:2-3, Matt 25: 41-46, John 5:28, Rev 20:14-15).
Code of ethics for pastors, presbyters and other officers
The Code of Ethics, for International Charismatic Bible Church, must be strictly observed as persistent breach of any one or more of them may result in dismissal from post, of any officer or group of officers that might be involved.
Every Clergy and officer in the Church shall:
- Study to show themselves approved unto God and rightly divide the word of God (2Tim 2:15)
- Seek to grow through continues study of the word of God, and prayer
- Submit to the orders of both the local Presbytery and national/internationals
- Not in any way, use the name of International Charismatic Bible Church to enrich themselves (1Pet 5:2-4)
- Guard themselves against any financial misappropriation and malfeasance both in the church (ICBC) and at work places
- Not use the property/assets of the church for his/her private or personal use or programs
- Endeavor to abstain from all sinful acts such as drugs; smoking, drinking, adultery, fornication, gossip, fighting, incest, polygamy, polyandry, child abuse and human trafficking etc (Gal 5:19-22)
- Promote unity, peace and love among all people of God
- Not invite “untested” speakers or ministers to the pulpit in order to prevent spread of heresies or false doctrines
- Dress decently/shamefacedly (1Tim 2:9-10)
As a church, one of our pressing needs is to find a permanent place of worship. We appeal to you to help us whichever way you can.